KE creates value both for its customers and its employees. This is based on a harmonious pursuit of the company’s operational and financial goals, blended with a holistic value-creation approach which fully incorporates the company’s sustainability objectives.
This approach is demonstrated in the following areas:
Over the last few years, KE has enhanced its generation capacity by approximately 1,057 MW and improved its overall fleet efficiency by 23%. The organisation now generates almost 55% of the electricity it distributes through its own systems.
KE’s fleet efficiency has increased from 30.4% in (Jan-Dec, 2008) to 37.1% (Jan-Dec, 2015).
Transmission & Distribution
- T&D losses have been reduced to an all-time low of 22.2%.
- Collection from more than two-thirds of the city stands at 92%.
- 61% of consumers are load shed-free.
- The organisation has achieved a complete roll-out of SAP IS-U, the first of its kind in the region.
- KE became the first ever distribution company in Pakistan to earn an ISO 9001 – 2008 certification for its Integrated Business Centres. To date, 17 IBCs and four departments have achieved the certification.
- KE has initiated an e-bill payment solution with major banks at the branch level, aiming to eliminate manual processing, control invalid transaction processing and improve overall data processing.
Health, Safety and Environment
Employee training on safety tools/techniques resulted in a 51% reduction in employee accidents and an 80% reduction in asset damage (from 2010 to 2015).
There has been marked improvement and growth in crucial performance indicators in recent years, as demonstrated in the below graphs:
KE has made major investments in recent years. The total capital expenditure on generation, transmission and distribution projects exceeded PKR 126 billion from 2009 to 2016.
KE has secured a financing of up to USD 250 million from the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) , and signed an agreement with OPIC for 10-year financing arrangements. This OPIC loan is part of a USD 450 million investment planned by KE for its transmission and distribution system, including the installation of grid stations, transmission line equipment and other enhancements.
KE Azm Sukuk & Sukuk-ul-Shirkah certificates
In 2015, after the tremendous success of the KE AZM Sukuk, KE launched the Sukuk-ul-Shirkah (Shirkat-ul-Milk), worth PKR 22 billion, out of which PKR 7 billion was offered to the general public. The proceeds were utilised to prepay long-term loans to the International Finance Corporation and the Asian Development Bank.
- The HR People Strategy (Enable, Energise, Empower) has been implemented
- A major focus on employee engagement and culture has commenced
- The Performance Management Framework has been implemented to build a culture of trust, enhance business performance, and retain and develop outstanding employees
Marketing & Communication
- The Marketing and Communications function strengthens KE’s brand image and communication platforms through proactive stakeholder engagement across key strategic, operational and social dimensions.
- K-Electric continues to contribute to the health of the communities in which it operates, maintaining a wide range of CSR and sports activities in order to help build a better society for all.