Net Metering for KE Customers
The facility of Net Metering is available for K-Electric Customers under Net Metering (NM) regulation by NEPRA; (Alternative and Renewable Energy) Distributed Generation and Net Metering Regulations, 2015.
- If you’re interested in availing Net Metering, please read the guidelines here: Net Metering – Guidelines for KE Consumers
- You can download the application form here: Net Metering – KE Consumer Application Form
- List of AEDB approved vendors which can be contacted for the installation of Solar PV Distribution Generation facility can be viewed here
- You can view the requirements for Distributed Generation Interconnection here: KE requirements for Distributed Generation Interconnection
- You can download the Tax Indemnity form here, please note this indemnity should be executed on Rs. 100 non-judicial stamp paper
Frequently Asked Questions
It is necessary to be a KE consumer to avail net metering facility, however a consumer can initiate a new connection request after which he will be eligible to apply for a net metering connection.
Only AEDB approved vendors are eligible to install net metering facilities. The list of these vendors is available on AEDB’s website and can also be accessed via https://www.ke.com.pk/net-metering-vendors/
The vendor will be responsible for the designing of the system according to KE’s requirements while keeping in view specific consumer requirements.
In case it is found that the system is not in compliance with requirements, KE can discontinue the net metering service.
Any net metering consumer displaying any form of misconduct (theft, extension of PV size more than the sanctioned load etc.) will be liable to have the net metering connection terminated.
Furthermore, KE can discontinue the service on account of any routine maintenance on the network.
However, KE shall not terminate the agreement without the approval of NEPRA.
- In case the name of the person is in the Form 29 of the companies the person can directly sign the application for the company. The Form 29 needs to be attached with the application.
- In case the name of the person is not in the Form 29: Authorization letter on company letterhead from the CEO, or any other authority in the company, will be required along with a proof of the signing the authority (Form 29)
- For sales by KE to consumer: Taxes are applied on the gross units.
- For sales by consumer to KE:
- Residential: No Taxes
- Commercial & Industrial: GST will be charged as per applicable category. Income tax will be deducted.
- Sales by Consumer to KE:
- If unit sales by consumer is lower than sale by KE to consumer:
- Same rate/logic as of consumption from KE will be applied on the exported amount
- If unit sales by consumer is higher than sale by KE to consumer:
- On sales in excess of consumption units i.e. Units exported by consumer above the units consumed: Pre-determined National Average Purchase notified by NEPRA (National Electric Power Regulatory Authority) price will be applied
To simplify these two codes are required by the consumer
1.8.0 -> Total Energy Consumed &
2.8.0 -> Total Energy Exported by the consumer
These two codes are automatically displayed on the screen. Scroll button should not on the meter. The consumer will have to wait for these two codes to be displayed on the meter screen.
If you have any further queries you can visit the KE Net Metering Facilitation Centre:
Address: Second Floor, Block – K,
Gate No. 6, Elander Complex,
Elander Road, Karachi.
Timing: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (weekdays)
You can also reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org