Net Metering for KE Customers
Net Metering is available for K-Electric Consumers under Net Metering (NM) regulation by NEPRA; (Alternative and Renewable Energy) Distributed Generation and Net Metering Regulations, 2015. In this regard, a dedicated department named Net Metering Facilitation Centre (NMFC) has been set up to facilitate our consumer.
- If you’re interested in availing Net Metering, please read the guidelines here: Net Metering – Guidelines for KE Consumers
- You can download the application form here: Net Metering – KE Consumer Application Form
- List of AEDB approved vendors which can be contacted for the installation of Solar PV Distribution Generation facility can be viewed here
- You can view the requirements for Distributed Generation Interconnection here: KE requirements for Distributed Generation Interconnection
- You can download the Tax Indemnity form here, please note this indemnity should be executed on Rs. 100 non-judicial stamp paper
Frequently Asked Questions
Common reasons for Delay:
- Incomplete Documentation
- Discrepancy in survey
- In case 30% of transformer capacity exceeds and simulation study is required
|Connection Type||3 phase|
|Consumer Categories||Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Bulk, General Services|
|Supply Voltage Level||400 V – 11 kV|
|Solar PV range||1 kW – 1000 kW|
|PV Maximum Limit||1.5 x Sanctioned Load|
It is necessary to be a KE consumer to avail net metering facility, however a consumer can initiate a new connection request specifically mentioning the intent of applying for Net Metering connection in future. After that net metering facility can be availed by applying directly to NMFC.
Only AEDB approved vendors are eligible to install net metering facilities. The list of these vendors is available on AEDB’s website and can also be accessed via https://www.ke.com.pk/net-metering-vendors/
In case it is found that any consumer has enhanced the system without prior intimation and GL issuance, the consumer will be liable to discontinuation of net metering service and appropriate legal action will be taken.
During routine inspection, if found specification of PV system including inverter different from the one mentioned in GL then appropriate legal action will be taken against the connection. This may lead to disconnection of system.
- PV system extension without getting the load extension license
- Earthing system not working within the prescribed range
- Inverter malfunctioning
- Any other technical parameters that may hinder KE services or against the Generation License issued to DG by NEPRA
KE shall serve a notice to consumer to immediately disconnect its generation from utility system till the resolution of issue.
In case of illegal or uninformed extension of PV system, KE shall reserve the right to revert the entire sum of generated units during such period.
It must also be ensured that the internal distribution system for each meter is separate.
Net Metering Service may be disconnected, and appropriate legal action may be taken against the consumer in case of following conditions:
- If PV system is not in compliance with technical requirements
- Extension of PV system as against the Generation license issuance
- Change of inverter without informing KE
- Theft of electricity
- Distribution of Electricity to any other premises, or
- Any other form of misconduct or illegal use of Net Metering connection
After disconnection, KE may also proceed for cancellation of Generation License through NEPRA. Furthermore, KE can discontinue the service on account of any routine maintenance on the network.
- In case the name of the person is in Form 29 of the companies and he/she is CEO of the company, the person can directly sign application for the company.
- In case the name of the person is in Form 29 of the companies and he/she is not CEO of the company, authorization letter on company letterhead from the CEO, or any other authority in the company, will be required along with a proof of the signing the authority (Form 29)
- In case the name of the person is not in the Form 29: Authorization letter on company letterhead from the CEO, or any other authority in the company, will be required along with a proof of the signing the authority (Form 29)
Form 29 must be attached with the application.
- For sales by KE to consumer: Taxes are applied on the gross units.
- For sales by consumer to KE:
- Residential: No Taxes
- Commercial & Industrial: GST will be charged as per applicable category. Income tax will be deducted.
- Sales by Consumer to KE:
- If unit sales by consumer is lower than sale by KE to consumer:
- Same rate/logic as of consumption from KE will be applied on the exported amount
- If unit sales by consumer is higher than sale by KE to consumer:
- On sales in excess of consumption units i.e. Units exported by consumer above the units consumed: Pre-determined National Average Purchase notified by NEPRA (National Electric Power Regulatory Authority) price will be applied
To simplify these two codes are required by the consumer
1.8.0 -> Total Energy Consumed &
2.8.0 -> Total Energy Exported by the consumer
These two codes are automatically displayed on the screen. The consumer will have to wait for these two codes to be displayed on the meter screen.
Address: 1st Floor(Above Cafeteria)
Mon-Thursday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
You can also reach out to us via email at email@example.com