As part of our AZM to transform K-Electric into a customer-centric power utility we have added SMS facility for the convenience of our customers. The K-Electric Mobile Service provides a host of features at your fingertips through SMS. Customers can now get in touch with us for instant assistance and also receive timely updates on developments in their area. After a one-time registration, customers can use the SMS feature to
- Inquire about the load shed schedule
- Report technical faults
- Make billing inquiries / complaint
- Stay informed about planned/emergency outages
How to Register
There are two ways to register for the SMS service:
- Register online; simply click here and submit your 13 digit A/C # and mobile number.
- Register via SMS; type REG(space)[your 13 digit A/C #] and send this SMS to 8119.
Shortly after submitting your request, you will receive a welcome note that confirms your registration with the K-Electric mobile service.
How to send SMS
Your inquiries and complaints can now be registered by typing CHAT [space], [your message] and sending your SMS to 8119.