Net Metering for KE Customers
The facility of Net Metering is available for K-Electric Customers under Net Metering (NM) regulation by NEPRA; (Alternative and Renewable Energy) Distributed Generation and Net Metering Regulations, 2015.
- If you’re interested in availing Net Metering, please read the guidelines here: Net Metering – Guidelines for KE Consumers
- You can download the application form here: Net Metering – KE Consumer Application Form
- List of AEDB approved vendors which can be contacted for the installation of Solar PV Distribution Generation facility can be viewed here
- Vendors interested in registering themselves with K-Electric for the provision of services/installation of Solar PV Distribution Generation facility (under Net Metering) can view the guidelines and SOP here: Net Metering – Vendor Registration
- You can view the requirements for Distributed Generation Interconnection here: KE requirements for Distributed Generation Interconnection
Frequently Asked Questions
It is necessary to be a KE consumer to avail net metering facility, however a consumer can initiate a new connection request after which he will be eligible to apply for a net metering connection.
Only AEDB approved vendors are eligible to install net metering facilities. The list of these vendors is available on AEDB’s website and can also be accessed via https://www.ke.com.pk/net-metering-vendors/
The vendor will be responsible for the designing of the system according to KE’s requirements while keeping in view specific consumer requirements.
In case it is found that the system is not in compliance with requirements, KE can discontinue the net metering service.
Any net metering consumer displaying any form of misconduct (theft, extension of PV size more than the sanctioned load etc.) will be liable to have the net metering connection terminated.
Furthermore, KE can discontinue the service on account of any routine maintenance on the network.
However, KE shall not terminate the agreement without the approval of NEPRA.
If you have any further queries you can visit the KE Net Metering Facilitation Centre:
Address: Second Floor, Block – K,
Gate No. 6, Elander Complex,
Elander Road, Karachi.
Timing: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (weekdays)
You can also reach out to us via email at email@example.com